No matter what you’re selling online, you’re up against stiff competition. You need to ensure that your customers are able to find you and buy from you.
If you need some help with your content, here’s 10 tips that will help you improve those conversion rates, quickly.
1. Increase Trust Signals On Your Site
Customers need to feel safe, no matter where they’re shopping. Modern shoppers are savvy online, and won’t use any site that they don’t 100% trust. This is why you need to increase the trust signals on your site. A great way of doing this is by including customer reviews. These show customers that you’re going to deliver the product you’re offering, as real customers say you will.
2. Use The Thank You Page
When a customer has just bought from you, they’re going to be at their most excited. This is where you can build up a lot of good will. A simple ‘thank you’ page once they’ve completed their order can go a long way to helping them build a relationship with your company. The cross sales and up sales can come later.
3. Don’t Neglect Your ‘About Us’ Section
Many companies simply ignore the ‘About Us’ section on the site. After all, they think, no one’s looking at it, right? In fact, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Customers are more conscious of where they buy now than ever before. The best thing to is write an ‘About Us’ page that details your ethics as a company. Customers will use this to decide whether they should buy from you.
4. Use Online Tools To Help Create Content
If you want to write the best content, you need to use help where you can find it. Online, there are hundreds of useful tools that can help with everything from proofreading to even writing new content. Here’s some tools you can use when you’re looking to increase your conversion rates.
- UNBXD: This tool is designed to help you create personalized shopping experiences for your customers.
- Via Writing: This site is full of grammar advice. Use it to check your grammar and improve your writing.
- Essay Help: This service will proofread any content you send them. Huffington Post in Write My Essay recommends academic writing services like these for content work.
- Optimizely: This tool will help you test changes on your site, so you can tweak your content and pages to perfection.
- Essayroo and UKWritings: These two writing agencies will help you write excellent content, that’s designed to improve conversion.
- Search Spring: Improve your site’s search capabilities with this site, and help your customers find what they need faster.
- State Of Writing: this site is full of writing guides you can use to improve your content writing.
- PaperFellows: This site can help edit and even create converting content.
- BounceX: Study your customers and give them exactly what they want with this tool.
- Cite It In: Use this tool to get the correct citation for any source you use in your writing.
5. Display Your Promotions Prominently
You may have a sale on, but how can your customers know that if you don’t tell them about it? You need to make them aware of it. The best thing to do is display large banners on your home page, showing off your latest promotion. The banner should link directly to the products on offer when you click it, so customers can start shopping quickly.
6. Give Customers A Sense Of Urgency
“Some shoppers will come along, browse your wares, and then leave,” says content expert Harriet Evans from Elite Assignment Help. “You want to keep them on your site, of course. The best thing to do is create a sense of urgency, and make them buy right now. Try using limited time offers and deals to convince customers to buy as soon as they see your product.”
7. Focus On The Customers Who Will Buy
Not everyone who visits your site will buy, and that’s a fact. Many writers waste time trying to convert 100% of the traffic that comes their way. Instead, focus on the customers who are your target audience.
8. Avoid Abandoned Carts
Abandoned carts are a huge problem for online stores, but they don’t have to be. You can take steps to ensure your customer goes the whole way through the check out process and buys from you. A good way of doing this is to offer limited time deals if the customer goes to leave before check out. These can be time limited, so you’ll convince the customer to buy right now instead of leaving.
9. Cross Selling Should Come Naturally
Nothing can put a customer off more than someone trying to push a product on them. Many a store has lost sales because a customer has felt harassed into buying. You can cross sell, but you need to change your approach. Instead, offer recommendations, based on what the customer has bought before. If you can do this, you’re more likely to show the customer items that they may actually want to buy.
10. Don’t Get In The Customer’s Way
Finally, you need to remember that customers these days have incredibly short attention spans. You need to catch their attention quickly, before they disappear off to another site. You can do this by ensuring you don’t get in their way. Create search systems that take them exactly where they want to go, and don’t try cross sales or up selling until the check out process is complete.
These 10 tips will help you increase the conversions on your site almost right away. Put them to use, and you’ll see the difference in your own store right away.
Do you need extra funds for your small business? An SBA loan is the best bet for small businesses with low rates, long terms and low monthly payments. Visit SmartBiz Loans® today and discover in about five minutes if you’re qualified to apply for an SBA loan with one of our bank partners. Use the promo code “blog” and receive $500 off of your closing costs. Check out our great reviews on TrustPilot!
Mary Walton is a blogger at SimpleGrad.com, her website about college life. Also, she is a content proofreader at Australian College Assignment Help service. Mary helps students at Academized, a tutoring website for students.